Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Bolty's Sept 2019 visit in pictures

After a successful but rainy visit in April 2018, the club was keen to invite David Bolt back to coach club members and have a go on our excellent bowling surface.

Below are some pictures to show what a great afternoon of bowling fun and serious coaching David Bolt provided the club members on Tuesday 10 September.

David also took the opportunity to visit the refurbished Sports4fitness building and facilities at the other end of the excellent Fernie Fields site, Suffice to say David was very impressed with what Rachel and the team offer children with disabilities to experience sporting fun and was pleased to hear Rachel is working with the 'Bowls Development Alliance' "BDA" to include Bowls as part of the activities offered to children with disabilities.

Mike inspired me so much that he intended to go home and work on strengthening the areas that would enable him to come back and play again. This for me is why I enjoy what I do as we are not just looking to recruit players but can effectively also enhance lives.

David Bolt reflecting on the time he spent with Mike stroke victim and former long distance runner

David Bolt, one of Sunderland's and England's finest, has had a long and successful Bowling Career being a multiple national champion, regular England International bowler and Bronze medal winning member of the England Commonwealth games team.

David is now spending his time giving back to bowls by working with clubs in his native North East as well as being a key member of the "Bowls is Bowls" team promoting Bowls across all formats up and down the country.

A big thank you to Peter Keen the official Club Photographer from the 'Bowls is Bowls' team

AND

Thank you to 'Bowls is Bowls' for arranging for David Bolt and Alex Marshall MBE to visit our club and leave us all with such lasting memories which we will be talking about for years to come.

Whyte Melville Lawn Bowls Club Northampton Bolty's Sept 2019 visit